Page 2 of 12 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast
    Swaying Advice Coach
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Sprouted oats are ok, but we believe that part of the "magic" of the cereal is that it's vitamin fortified. So be sure you're taking a multivitamin too.

I don't think it's stupid, as long as you're aiming to have more than one attempt around ovulation. The timing and ovulation strips are not important, but having more than one attempt, and preferably 3+ attempts in the fertile window of O-3 thru O Day (particularly O-2 and O-1) IS important. The number of attempts is something we never foresaw, but really HAS been a pretty effective tactic (one attempt being effective for pink, and more attempts being effective for blue). Just be sure that what you're counting as "three attempts" is actually IN the fertile window, because in some cases people will go at it like bunnies starting after their period, and by the time the egg shows up their husband is totally depleted. You're wanting a happy medium between regular, unprotected sex out of the fertile window (like every 2-4 days or so), and lots of unprotected sex IN the fertile window.
    !!! Questions?? Check out the NEW and improved Complete Index !!!

If you appreciate my help with your sway plan, please consider a donation:

https://www.paypal.com/donate?hosted_button_id=C92U9TVWTRTDQ

Big Dreamer
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    It would’ve been convenient if the study had given some more specifics on exactly what cereals!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Swaying Advice Coach
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Well, the catch is that it may not have even BEEN cereal, but vitamins (which is one of the reasons why we take vitamins) or eating breakfast (which is why we eat breakfast) or even just an overall health-oriented diet/lifestyle. There isn't any proof that cereal = boys per se, it's just that the study found a link between cereal eating and having more boys. So we eat cereal, take vitamins, eat breakfast, just in case any or all of those things may have some effect.

Big Dreamer
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    I was reading last night about a study correlating more calories consumed in the morning with higher fertility. Like better ovulation conditions or that sort of thing. And all the posts from boy moms is breakfast breakfast breakfast! My plan is to eat more calories in the morning and less, but still some, at night. Blood sugar is key like you say. I’m trying to lose weight now so I am looking forward to all the boy food!! I won’t go overboard I promise! Lots of weights and I’ll be out all day in the Florida sunshine working so I won’t get obese! I’m just going to put the 21 day plan on repeat starting April!

Big Dreamer
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Quote Originally Posted by atomic sagebrush View Post
    Sprouted oats are ok, but we believe that part of the "magic" of the cereal is that it's vitamin fortified. So be sure you're taking a multivitamin too.

I don't think it's stupid, as long as you're aiming to have more than one attempt around ovulation. The timing and ovulation strips are not important, but having more than one attempt, and preferably 3+ attempts in the fertile window of O-3 thru O Day (particularly O-2 and O-1) IS important. The number of attempts is something we never foresaw, but really HAS been a pretty effective tactic (one attempt being effective for pink, and more attempts being effective for blue). Just be sure that what you're counting as "three attempts" is actually IN the fertile window, because in some cases people will go at it like bunnies starting after their period, and by the time the egg shows up their husband is totally depleted. You're wanting a happy medium between regular, unprotected sex out of the fertile window (like every 2-4 days or so), and lots of unprotected sex IN the fertile window.
    This might be a bit tricky if I haven’t had my cycle back yet. Like you think I should wait till my cycles are regular before trying to do it unprotected? Is it unwise to try to “catch the first egg”?
    I’m hoping I have a good chance because I got a boy doing a very strong girl sway including one attempt in fertile window and we hadn’t dtd in at least a week. Plus living on coffee, losing weight, cardio mania and eating so low protein/ carb. My only calories came from salad dressing! And was taking a prenatal laden with herbs.

Swaying Advice Coach
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    What you'd need to do in that situation is either use OPK to see if you're getting close to ovulation, or be monitoring your overall fertile signs. If you notice things like increased libido, more cervical mucus, changes in cervical position, increasing O pains, or any other signs you are familiar with. Any time you think O may be coming just go at it like bunnies!

Big Dreamer
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Ok so review my plan~
    Now till April / May lose weight. A lb a week which will put me at 135 for 5’6. Still seems “high” but I look very thin at that weight I have a lot of muscle from riding 3 horses a day and caring for 12 horses and 4 other people!
    Starting in May the 21 day plan on repeat. I am not going to stuff myself just eat more normal and also do weights 2-3 times/ week. Not too much because I want my body to think times are good and I’m not exercising too much.
    Try to get hubby to lose a bit of weight now with me then do weights when I do so he can build muscle.
    Start to dtd unprotected when I’m feeling fertile and multiple times when I’m really feeling it. I think that stressing about the strips and stuff is going to make me too insane. No lube! We used coconut oil or olive oil and if I’m eating right and enough I won’t need any anyways.
    I got a 2 girls and a boy guzzling coffee, never eating breakfast, only veggies and coffee for lunch then nothing till dinner which was salad and a lots of dressing and fruit. The boy’s conception I was actively losing weight, doing some weights, calorie deficit and breastfeeding. Dd2 also breastfeeding. And constantly running around / riding/ horse shows/ lessons. I think if I can pull a boy out of that strong girl sway then HE should give me a really good chance!
    I wonder if some of the moms like me who have this pink life style, have a girl or two, then randomly have a boy are actually really primed for boys but we block it with our fasting and coffee and always exercising?

Big Dreamer
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Also all 3 were conceived on the month we tried. Girls were several attempts 4+ days in a row and boy was one random time.

Swaying Advice Coach
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Quote Originally Posted by Thefinalcountdown View Post
    I was reading last night about a study correlating more calories consumed in the morning with higher fertility. Like better ovulation conditions or that sort of thing. And all the posts from boy moms is breakfast breakfast breakfast! My plan is to eat more calories in the morning and less, but still some, at night. Blood sugar is key like you say. I’m trying to lose weight now so I am looking forward to all the boy food!! I won’t go overboard I promise! Lots of weights and I’ll be out all day in the Florida sunshine working so I won’t get obese! I’m just going to put the 21 day plan on repeat starting April!

Oh, I haven't seen that one specifically - can you post a link or even just direct me to the scientists' names on it? I can't get it to come up searching because there are so many studies out there.

We base our guidelines for eating breakfast on the Oxford study https://pubmed.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/18430648/. It found women who went on to conceive boys ate more calories on average than women who conceived girls. I don't want you to get hung up on "eat more in the morning" because you really need to just be eating more all day, whenever you can. I have never in my life eaten more calories in the morning and I have four boys. So great to eat breakfast, even a bigger than normal breakfast, but don't feel you MUST eat more calories in the morning than at other times of day.

Swaying Advice Coach
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Girl that's not high at all - I am 5'4 and weigh 135 and have most of my life. Muscle mass matters hugely!

Yep even coconut and olive oil can inhibit the ability of sperm to swim. If you can skip lube, do so, if not, use something marked "sperm safe, conception friendly" like Preseed or Conceive Plus.

Yes that's the theory - lifestyle matters, but temporary changes do have big effects, so whenever any woman is skipping meals and living out of the coffeepot, even if overall her lifestyle favors boys under normal circumstances, that can sway pink. Since most of us only have 1-5 children, luck has a huge part to play...you can have a boy-friendly lifestyle most of your life, but if you happen to get pregnant in those times you have more of a girl vibe going on, your body "wants" to up your chances of having a girl!

Page 2 of 12 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast